Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life After the Holidaze

Welcome to Resolution Central. 

It is amazing -- there is life now that the holidaze is over.  Just a few weeks ago it was hard to imagine Life After the Holidays in the frenzy of it all.  And now things are getting back to normal, Christmas and New Year's now a hallucinogenic blur of red, green, tinsel and glitter. No longer are there visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads. In fact, the concept now seems quite odd, doesn't it?  Did all of that gift giving, card sending, decorating, etc., really happen or did I just eat too many gingerbread cookies and dream it all in a sugar-induced coma?  I definitely ate the cookies or a couple of sticks of butter because my clothes sure are fitting much more snugly.  

Judging from the retail frenzy of workout clothes, workout equipment and videos, everyone and their brother has fitness and weight loss as New Year's Resolutions.  Usually I don't make resolutions because I'm afraid of not keeping them, but this year I am stepping out on that limb and daring to, God forbid, post them right here on www.RichmondChic.com for all the world to see.

1.  Eat more slowly, a lot more slowly.  I'm trying.  Put the fork down!

2.  Exercise more.  Clarification: Any will be a significant improvement.  Gearing up...

3.  Get Sam to preschool on time.  So far, so good.  I can drop him off anytime between 9:20 and 9:45.  As you can probably guess, I am usually screeching in there at 9:45, often walking him in because it is far later than that.  HOWEVER, I will have you know that I was there on the first day back at 9:19, so it can be done!!  Sam didn't understand what was going on since the carpool line hadn't even started yet.  He kept saying, "Mommy, we're late.  You have to walk me in."  And I kept trying to explain that we were actually EARLY.  However, that concept of earliness was foreign to him because it has, umm, never happened in his lifetime.  Hopefully it will happen again, all thanks to this resolution!  (Trying to be positive here, people.)

4.  Get rid of clutter and organize.  I've done pretty well so far -- I have a stack of clothes waiting for Goodwill, recycled piles of old magazines that I'll never read and feel like homework, and chucked out all of the not-so-appealing food in the refrigerator.  (This is a polite way of describing the moldy leftovers from God-knows-when hiding deep in the depths of the frig.)

5.  Read the Bible cover to cover.  Yes, THAT Bible and, yes, all of it!  I am doing it the easy way, though.  I bought a book entitled "The One Year Bible" that breaks it down into daily readings from the Old and New Testaments, Proverbs and Psalms.  I am keeping current as of today, so hopefully the momentum will keep me going.

So, there it is, folks, in all its glory!  I'll give you an update come July.  In  the meantime it is time to pack Sam's bag for preschool.  You can never start to early...

LibbY

It's such a magical time of year, but it sure is nice to be back into Reality Land.  Heck,  

No comments: