Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Falling Into Facebook





I have finally given in to the Facebook fanfare, face first.  I had been refraining for at least the past year and not because I thought I wouldn't like it.  In fact, it is the exact opposite -- I was afraid I would like it way, way too much.  And I was right.  (This doesn't happen very often, so I need to savor it.)  So anyway, I was afraid of it being a big huge Time Thief.  (Beware!  Time Thieves lurk everywhere posing as innocent moments of enjoying life.  Then they morph into the Time Suck of the Century, like installing a car seat, finding a pen that works, and making a "quick call.") So anyway, after twelve hours as a "member,"  I was right. Oh, did I already mention that?  Well, it's true -- dead on.  

I really haven't accomplished a whole lot today except search for people - old friends, new friends, neighbor friends, former friends, ex-boyfriends, the whole gamut.  So I did a whole lot of searching and not a whole lot else unless that includes checking back on Facebook a ridiculous amount of times to see if there were any new developments.  My friend Jamie just joined this week, too  -- and "poked" me into doing it myself.  After three days she has already had to whittle herself down to a mere half hour a day in order to preserve her family life, marriage, and stuff like that.  I think I need to do that after one day.  First, though, I need to finish my profile, look for a few more (hundred) people, and post a photo of myself looking radiantly happy, beautiful and fulfilled, preferably on a beach with my hair blowing in the wind. (To clarify the hair must be blowing OUT of my face, not into my face.  It is FACEBOOK after all.)  OK, I know what you are thinking.  So that picture may take a bit longer to "locate" than the other updates.  First I probably need to take a shower --after checking Facebook one last time that is.

And Twitter is tomorrow!  Do I dare?  Why not?  At least then I will be fully enmeshed in the hippest means of wasting time for our entire generation!  How could I possibly miss out on that quintessential pop-culture experience?  So look for my Twitters on your Facebook as well as Facebook postings on your email if you are my "friend," that is.  No, emails aren't on Facebook, silly.  At least something is sacred -- for now.

LibbY

1 comment:

Brian Sterowski said...

Facebook can be very addictive. I try to limit myself to going on there only once a day! lol