Wednesday, March 28, 2012

That's Me in the Corner


That's right -- that's me in the corner, right there in our family/Lego room.  Dang, I couldn't be happier about it.  Euphoria is mine.  I have a DESK!  A real honest-to-goodness DESK from Value City that actually has room to put things away!  It's even made out of wood, not that strange man-made substance known melamine.  (What the heck is in that stuff anyway?  Never mind, maybe I don't want to know!)  

Ta da!  After nine years in this house, I finally have my own special somewhere to stow stuff right "downtown," not squirreled off in some bedroom upstairs.  Ah, such bliss!  At long last my laptop finally has a real home, not to mention all of my other crap, I mean, "writing materials" that have long cluttered up our crumb-covered kitchen table.  It's almost embarrassing how excited I am, downright giddy.

Can't wait to reorganize (or just plain organize) the papers I have stuffed all over the place for years and actually move in!  Even if it is a mess, at least it will be my own special mess that is not infringing on anyone or anything else.  A real workplace!  I actually sat there without fidgeting for a couple of hours today and was able to focus so much better than usual.  The corner even has a window view!  It's so nice to be able to see outside, and it's not a parking lot!

In order to have room for this desk of my dreams, we had to rip out a built-in china cabinet angled into the corner.  It was no great loss at all since we never really liked it from the outset.  It was just there when we moved in, so we tolerated it because it was there.  It never occurred to me to rip it out or that it could even be removed.  It was actually Daddy Mac who came up with this revolutionary idea a couple of weeks ago.  I can't help wishing one of us had thought of it much sooner, but I'm grateful he thought of it all all.

Looking forward to getting long time-outs and being sent to the corner.


LibbY

No comments: