Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Thank You Note to Mom? Really?

Don't know about you, but by the time Christmas is over, I'm exhausted, depleted, done.  But there was still another chore to do.

So it was time, time for Sam to write some thank you notes.  I was quite impressed when he announced that he had written one all on his own to me!  Wow!  Of course, I started feeling all appreciated 'n' stuff.  It was nifty while it lasted.

He handed me the envelope addressed to "Libby."  Kinda sweet, huh?






Then I opened it, God help me.




"Thank you for the yo-yo!" I read aloud.  Once I picked up my jaw off the ground, I just looked at him, stupefied like I was under a Harry Potter spell.  "You think all I got you for Christmas was a yo-yo?"  Oh Lordy, there sure had been a pile of things under the tree from Mommy and Daddy Mac.  The yo-yo happened to be the one thing that had just my name on it.

He shrugged.  "Yeah, well, Santa was the one who got me most of the stuff."  Oh, I was so ready to spill the beans on that jolly old man!  I could see the headline now for the elementary school newspaper (if they had one) -- SANTA - EXPOSED BY SAM'S MEAN MOM!!  But no, no, not right.  Keep calm, carry on!

So then he wrote another note -- to Santa this time, the Great Provider.




Santa didn't get the same pink envelope.  I guess he is too macho for that.   Gotta love the stamp though!!




In the words of Ebenezer Scrooge, "Bah, humbug!"  Rest assured there will be a more equal distribution of gifts next year.  That Santa guy is not going to hog all the credit again!


LibbY

No comments: